Saturday, September 6, 2008

Quite Possibly the Perfect Day

So today I had what to me is quite possibly the perfect day. The boys who sleptover here were picked up by 8:30 AM, Todd was out mountain bike riding for the morning, the kids were mellow because they were exhausted from staying up all night with the friends, and I had a Saturday with no plans.

I know I'm behind the times, but I finally bought the first 2 books in the Twilight series last weekend. With this week being so hectic , I was only about 50 pages into the the first book. So, I decided today was the day for me to relax and celebrate MY survival of the 1st week of school.

I sat in my bed, in sweats, all day long reading my book. It was fantastic! Todd brought lunch home for us, the kids were quiet and did their own thing, throughout the day a kid would wander in with a book of their own and lay down and read with me for a while. No one bothered me, I just read my book all day! Todd never even asked me if I was going to get up and do something else today. He vacuumed & mopped my living room (necessary after the sleepover), made dinner, and bathed the kids! What a great guy!

I finished the book around 9:30 tonight, and everyone (including Todd) was crashed out for the night. I ended my day with some Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked ice cream (okay, so it was the whole carton!) and watching some Jon & Kate Plus 8 episodes that I had recorded. Honestly, does it get any better than this?

2 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

That sounds like the perfect day to me!

adairfamily said...

I am so glad you got a day like this you deserve it, especially after how hard you worked when I came down. You are amazing, I don't know what I would do without you!