Okay, so I'm at Trevor's school this morning, making small talk with some moms I knew from last year. The other moms took off, and I'm left with a mom who I worked with a couple times last year with some PTA things. I knew that last school year, she was a stay at home mom so I think to myself-let's do a little PTA P.R. so that I can call on her to help this year. She was dressed up very nicely in a skirt and heals so I commented on it. The conversation went as follows:
Me: Hey, how's it going? You look so nice and dressed up today, do you work now?
Mom: No. I just have some visiting to do today.
Me: Oh how nice! What a good friend you are!
Mom: Actually, I'm a Jehovah's Witness. I'm going knocking on doors today.
Me: That's great! Good luck with that!
Mom: Are you going straight home?
Me: Actually, I have a couple of errands to run and then I'm going home.
Mom: So you'll be home in about an hour you think?
Me: Ya, probably
Mom: Great! I'd love to come by and share some information with you. I heard you were Mormon and I'd like to share the true gospel with you.
Me, who does not handle confrontation well: Actually, I totally forgot- I have to take Madison to speech today. It lasts for most of the day, and I get back just in time to pick up the boys from school. (Really no speech today, and it only lasts 45 minutes!)
Mom: Well, you need this information! Why don't I go to speech with you and we can talk there?
Me: They don't allow anyone there except patients and immediate family (I say lying through my teeth)
Mom: Well, what are you doing tomorrow?
Me: Oh, look at the time! We're gonna be late! Gotta go!(Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't need help this badly!)
January so Far...
13 years ago






6 comments:
Hahahaha, that is so funny. I often have the Jehova's witnesses come to my door. I am always very polite and attentive because I think of our boys out on their missions. I even take the magazines and then dump them in the trash as soon as I have closed the door.
You can just smile and tell her you are completely happy with your true gospel but thank you for thinking of you!!
Oh, that is just too funny! Glad you started a blog!
I totally clam up on the spot and my mind goes blank! I too just take the stuff when they come to the door, but she really threw me off!
Jen, you're an inspiration. If I could summarise those steps, would they be;
1) Lie
2) Lie
3) Lie
4) Clam up
5) Run
Is that what I should do if I see a Jehovah's Witness?
Carla
xx
That's it exactly! Glad you were paying attention!
I'm amazed at how quick and composed you were - I would NOT have been able to pull that off! If she can share her religion so, ah hem, tenaciously, then she should have no problem with PTA fundraising!
Lol! That's so true! I never thought of it that way!
Post a Comment