Saturday, September 20, 2008

11 Fabulous Years

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved." George Sand
Today is our 11th wedding anniversary, and besides the 3 kids, the extra pounds and the gray hair (Todd), nothing has changed since that blissful day 11 years ago. We're just a couple of big kids goofing around and having fun as much as possible while trying to raise a happy and healthy family.
I'm pretty proud to tell people how long we've been married when they ask, and I love to see the look of surprise at my answer with the inevitable following question, "How old is your oldest son?" I like to follow-up and say, "You know, people do get married just for love still, not only for unexpected pregnancies!"
I feel bad because the other day my friend asked me if our family had any plans this weekend. I thought for a minute and then told her,"No, no plans." The fact that it was our anniversary Saturday never occurred to me. Tonight we were going to go out to dinner and then down to the beach, but Todd was busy tiling our kitchen floor and our babysitter got called into work so we just stayed home saying we'll make it up another night- both knowing that it will probably never happen! But life doesn't stop just because it's a special day.
I feel so blessed to have the life I do. A beautiful family, wonderful friends and a handsome, loving, helpful, hard working, supportive husband who spoils me and is an amazing father to our children.
I'm excited to see what the next 11 years will bring for us. And the next 11, and the 11 after that.......

5 comments:

adairfamily said...

Oh, congrats guys I totally forgot! What a cute picture where is that taken? I hope you finally get to go out and celebrate just the two of you it is quite an accomplishment. I want to see pics of the kitchen now, bet it looks good. I need to update our blog soon with Danny's 30th bday, not that we did anything just had the Littles over for dinner! Miss you tons Love ya Shan

Jill said...

Congrats!!! I would have sent my felicitations earlier (like on Saturday), but nobody (aka, Sean) told me it was your anniversary! Have a date night still, and go do something fun!

Anonymous said...

Good lord, has it really been that long?! Congrats and a big hug to you both.

The Casida Family- Todd, Jen, Nathan, Trevor and Madison said...

Thanks all! The picture was taken right near SanFrancisco. That's the bay behind us and if you really look close, you can see part of the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. We were visiting a lighthouse there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys, I knew it was September, but could never remember the day. Sorry, too many years away. And at least 1 or 2 more to come. Anyway, I applaud you on the 11 years and wish you the best for the next. I must admit I envy your happiness, but am glad that you have found it. See you soon. Chris