Friday, April 10, 2009

8 is GREAT!

After years of always putting myself on the back burner, I have decided to declare this year the Year of Jen. I'm going to the dermatologist to get my face cleared up, I chopped my hair, had a physical, got a long overdue PAP, (sorry guys), and I started weight watchers which leads me to the title of this blog. I am proud to say that I now wear a size 8! Maybe not a huge deal to you, my skinny friends, but I haven't been a single digit size since before I was pregnant with Nate. And yes, he's 10 now. I've been a solid size 12 all these years, with a short stint of size 10 after having Trevor. So I'm feeling pretty good. Our bank account isn't feeling so hot because I've been shopping up a storm for smaller clothes, but hey, I'm worth it , right?! College funds smollege funds....

Here are a few quirky facts about me:

- I love the Peeps Easter candy- but they have to be the OG pink or yellow, and a little bit stale. Hey, don't judge!

- I am obsessed with babies and literally crave them to the point where I beg other people to have a baby for me to hold. :)

- When I was first pregnant with Trevor, he actually had a twin which I later miscarried. I look at Trevor and think daily the Lord truly gives you only what you can handle. It exhausts me to think that I almost had 2 Trevors....

- I haven't been able to take off my wedding ring since I was pregnant with Nate. That is my ultimate weight loss goal- to get my ring off!

- I HATE calling people on the phone. In fact, I only agreed to be PTA President because my friend Liza said she would make any phone calls that I needed to make for me. I always worry that I'm disturbing or interrupting the person. That's why I think texting is the most fabulous invention! The other person can answer at their leisure.

- It is extremely hard for me to make good friends that I can actually confide in and count on. Until I met Deanna and Liza, Todd would tease me that if the Little family didn't exist, I would have no friends. Sad but true!

- Jane Austen is my favorite author, and I collect Dr Seuss, Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky books.

- My big dream in life? To hire a cleaning lady to come once a week and just clean my bathroom. Boys are so disgusting!

4 comments:

adairfamily said...

I am so proud of you and jealous I have yet to be your size,you skinny minnie and I only have 1 baby, whats my excuse?Not taking the time! I am glad you are taking care of yourself and want to know updates.

Lauren said...

Good for you. I bet you look great. Losing weight is getting harder with each child. Luckily we're not planning on having 10 kids or I would be in trouble.

Johnson Family said...

I am so jealous of you....i just seem to be packing on the weight. Weight watchers really works. That is awesome you are a size 8!!!! So happy for you!

Gramma Linda said...

Good for you Jen! Moms always seem to put themselves on the back burner.
A peep once in awhile isn't bad!