Friday, April 10, 2009

Yet another milestone...

Each day it hits me a little harder that I have no babies any more. My little girl is growing up so fast! She has been begging to get her ears pierced for months. I have no problem with her having pierced ears, I've just been too chicken to take her! But I finally sucked it up, put on my big girl pants, and took her. We decided to make an event out of it. I called my mother and sister in-law to come along for support. We all went out to lunch to Alicia's first, Maddie's favorite restaurant. (That's right- Maddie's favorite. I raised my girl right!) We then headed over to the mall to do the deed. Now, we each had our assignments Peggy, Kamryn and I. Kamryn was going to hold Maddie's hand, I was the photographer and Peggy was the cheerleader. I signed the paperwork, Maddie got up on the stool and we were ready to go. We all approved the markings for the placement of the earrings and then assumed our positions. I was watching with the camera ready to catch the moment, and captured the first earring being done. Maddie only flinched and said "ow" and then was ready for the next one. I then look up to my support group and both Kamryn and Peggy have tears rolling down their faces! Thanks guys! Earring #2 hurt a little more. She had a look of shock , and then that slow transformation to the saddest face you've ever seen! I took her in my arms and held her for a few minutes, and then she got down and started shopping for earrings and accessories with Grams and Aunt Kami. Such a brave little girl! Pretty cute too, if I do say so myself!

Getting ready


Ear #1


Ear #2 right before the meltdown. Such a brave girl!


The final result. Not a great picture, but all I got before my camera died.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

She is so cute!

Gramma Linda said...

So cute and very brave too!
I remember when Sarah was five years old and came home and asked if she could get her ears peered!
It's all I could do not to start laughing!

Tiffanyk10 said...

WOO HOO You did it! Congratulations!!! Earring shopping is so much fun!