I've had the stomach flu for the past few days, so I've had lots of time to ponder things I am thankful for in my life. Here's just a few:
1. Todd, my Knight in Shining Armor. Not many husbands will stop fooling around with his motorcycle to come in and check on his wife every few minutes when she's sick, empty her puke bucket, get a cold washcloth to put on her brow and take care of all 3 kids. I'm so lucky to have such a great guy!
2. My lovely children...the random, out of the blue kisses and I love you's, The screams of love as you pull gum from their hair, the tantrums in the store because you said "no" to getting a $300 robotic horse that just stands there and eats a fake carrot, the glares and slamming of doors I get when I say a friend can't come home with us today (and he's only 9, can't wait for the teenage years!) Yes, I am thankful for my children.
3. My health, or lack of it the past few days. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because, well, I love to eat. I've been trying to lose some weight before JJ's wedding in January, and thanks to the stomach flu this week, food does not appeal at all. No extra holiday pounds for Jen this week at least!
4. Family. I'm so lucky to be so close with my family, quirky and deranged as they may be. I rarely have to pay for a babysitter, I have someone I can call anytime day or night when I need some help or a shoulder to cry on. Although tragedy has hit us in the last year, I am thankful for the closeness it has brought with my cousins. My family always keeps me laughing, from game nights to their everyday antics like getting stuck and hanging in bank teller windows :D
5. Good friends. A friend that makes you stay home with your family for Thanksgiving instead of visiting her in Idaho and holding a brand new baby, friends who go walking with you every week so that you can have some adult conversation and venting time to keep your sanity- I guess the exercise is good for me too! Friends who consider me an "honorary sister" and welcome me into their family.
6. Blogs. I am thankful for blogs because they allow me to stay in touch with friends and family across the country, and in doing so has strenghtened our bonds and friendships. It also allows me to share different events and funny stories about our family with those who can't be here.
7. Our home. Our little safe haven where we can be togather, safe and happy, and shut out the world.
8. Being a stay at home mom. It's not an easy job, and living paycheck to paycheck isn't fun, but I wouldn't change it for the world and I am grateful for the opportunity.
9. Temple marraige. I am so thankful that I was married in the temple so that my family is sealed together for eternity. Even though I sometimes can't handle being with the kids for an afternnon without going crazy, I'm still glad that we will be together forever.
10. Christ. I am thankful for the sacrifices that He made for me so that I may live with Him again someday.
11. Prayer. I cherish the prayers offered by my children at meals and bedtime. Their sweet innocent words comfort me and I am so thankful that they know and love their Father in Heaven, and they feel His love in return. I have had many an answer to prayer and know that my Heavenly Father knows me and listens to my prayers.
12. The Holiday Season. I love this time of year when we get together for the holidays and enjoy the company of family and friends. These are some of my happiest times and fondest memories. On the other hand, it also makes me start to stress over planning 2 January birthday parties. I don't recommend January babies!
13. School and Pre-school, and teachers of course! I savor those few hours a week when I am kid free. Teachers are amazing people- they have 10-30 of other peoples children every day and yet they still have a smile on their face and are so thankful for you helping in their class a meesely hour a week. There is definitely a special place in heaven for teachers, and definitely a reason I changed my major from becoming one! Patience is not my forte!
I suppose I should stop here. I fear I've stalled long enough. I have to break down and do laundry and pack for our Thanksgiving adventure now. I hope you all take a few minutes this week and reflect on what you're thankful for. And I hope you all have a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving weekend filled with love, laughter, family and friends. I know I will! Love to all!
January so Far...
13 years ago






1 comment:
"Closer to cousins" LOL, i agree! i learned that im alot like my jenn-ee-feffer... (and by that i mean my old navy soccer mom wardrobe) hahahahaha ;) j/k...
... im glad someone can enjoy my daily stories of window crawling and other shortbus activities...
... ill vouch for the january birthdays thing... who does that? ;)
... hope u guys have fun in the desert, take pix!
Post a Comment