Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Carrying on the Family Tradition!

In my family,we are bakers.We love to bake. It's in our blood. It's also in our love handles...;)
This afternoon Nate told me he wanted a cake. I was in the middle of paying bills and creative finances, therefore could not break away to bake a cake. So Nate asked if he could make it. Sure, why not?!
So he roped in Maddie to be his helper, and baked his first cake. He even made his own frosting- completely on his own, just following the recipes. Here is the finished product. Quite delicious I must say! I'm so proud of you Nate! You did an amazing job!
And believe it or not, my kitchen doesn't look any worse for the wear!

A long time family favorite- yellow cake with chocolate frosting. He even frosted it himself!

5 comments:

Gramma Linda said...

Great job Nate! It looks yummy!

adairfamily said...

Yummy my favorite can you bring me some?

The Casida Family- Todd, Jen, Nathan, Trevor and Madison said...

Thanks for all of of your comments and love Linda! It means a lot to us!

Shanny- no cake for you! You'll be too busy eating swiss chocolate and french delicacies. And yes, I am jealous!! :)

Gramma Linda said...

AW!You are so welcome! I love reading your blog. You have such a "WONDERFUL" family!

Amy said...

Very impressive! In your love handles too! You are so funny!