I am happy to be able to post and report that all 3 kids and myself are still alive. You may think that that is an odd statement, but after the last 4 days it was up in the air. Todd had to work this last weekend, and then the kids had Monday off so I had been solo parenting for 3 days straight. Overall it went relatively smoothly. The kids and I cleaned out the backyard Saturday, (not a small task by any means!) Sunday was church and a family birthday party for Nate and Maddie, and Monday we all got our teeth cleaned at the dentist. Even so, I could not wait for Tuesday so that the boys would have school. I can only take the constant arguing, yelling and nagging for so long! And then as I was getting the kids in bed Monday night, I saw it- the bright red crusty eye on Nate. Noooooooo! I ran and got the drops and then woke him up and gave them to him again 4 hours later hoping it would do the trick so he could go to school. No such luck. Tuesday morning although better, his eye was still pretty red. Bummer. So I got Trevor moving and ready for school all the while thinking to myself if you remove Trevor or Maddie from the mix, you're good to go. Just before we were walking out the door Trevor came to me for his daily inspection before going out into public (he does his own hair and picks out his own clothes- need I say more?). So I looked at his shoes-on the right feet, still in one piece, they're a matching pair, check. Pants- on an 80+ degree day? Sure, why not.They're clean. Shirt- wrinkle free, no stains yet, right side out and not backwards- check. Face- teeth brushed, no milk mustache, check. Doing good. On to hair- oh no, before I get to hair I'm stopped by the BRIGHT RED EYE staring back at me. You have
got to be kidding me!!!! Well, I think to myself, at least Todd started work early today so that he'll be home in the early afternoon. Just then the phone rings. It's Todd. He's calling to say he has to work all night. Yippee! Take deep breaths..you can do this...It was war between the 3 of them all morning. I made them watch the Inauguration during which Maddie spilled a full bowl of cereal (yes, with milk) on the rug and floor, Trevor slipped in some milk that didn't get cleaned up off the hardwood floor, flew up and landed on his head, and Nate just pouted and complained about all of the noise. I put myself in time-out in my room at that point. Then my guardian angel, Nana, came to my rescue. She said she'd watch the kids so I could get out by myself and run some errands. Whew! Prayers definitely are answered! I was gone for 3 fabulous hours. I went to Joann's fabrics in search of fabric for curtains and pillows to redecorate my living room. I had no idea what color scheme I wanted or anything. So I spent 3 glorious hours wandering around the store, looking at patterns and each and every piece of fabric there. Ahhhhh. Just what I needed. The tension just melted away. All too soon it was time to go back into the lions den. I had all 3 kids in bed by 7:30- an hour before their usual bedtime. I did it. 4 days straight. Everyone's eyes looked good this morning. Try not to think about the fact that Todd has school on Wednesdays and doesn't get home until 9:30...
No comments:
Post a Comment