Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Cub Scout No More!

At the end of March, Nate received a bunch of awards that he earned in cub scouts. (This was the 1st pack meeting they had since Nate turned 11 in January).
He earned his Webelos Badge, among many others, which comes with a mother's pin that he's pinning on me below. I wasn't nervous while he was doing this, but I must say that I got a flash of fear thinking I'll have to go thru this with Trevor in a couple of months....SCARY!



They then did the Arrow of Light award presentation
Followed by the Bridging from Cubs to Boy Scouts where the Cub Scouts sent him on his way over the bridge, and the Boy Scouts met and welcomed him on the other side. Very cool!

3 comments:

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

Good grief, it doesn't seem that long ago that my kids were bridging. I think I'm getting old!

adairfamily said...

you are so old!!! Scouting can't believe he is growing up so fast. Hang on Momma it only goes faster from here.

Justin Casida said...

Congrats Nate. That is so cool. Welcome to Boy Scouts.