Grandpa Chitwood passed away in June. Sean got engaged in September(?). My kids started a new school- Jordan Elementary, and we're all loving it! I have gone from PTA President to lowly PTA member who occasionally volunteers and is virtually unkown at Jordan and loving it! Spent Thanksgiving in the Bay Area/ San Francisco with the Funderburk family. Mom was in the hospital for about 10 days right before Christmas with pneumonia. We celebrated what felt like 20 different Christmases. It was a rough one with both Grandma and Grandpa Chitwood gone. It's so weird that they were both here last Christmas, and both gone this one. Notice the pattern...JJ got married in January (2009), Grandma passed away in February. Ryan got married in May, Grandpa passed away in June. Sean just got married January 2nd, 2010 so Nana better watch her back because we have not had a good track record with grandparents. I'm just saying....;) Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, Sean married Amber on January 2nd, and yes, for those of you keeping track, I have been married for 12 years and then my brothers all decided to get married in 1 years span. Sean & Amber had a Scottish wedding, which meant all of the guys in the family wore kilts, even my boys. It was an evening ceremony in Mesa, AZ at their friends' gorgeous home/backyard. Fun was had by all! The day after the wedding our family drove up to Williams where we rode the Polar Express. It was a blast and we're already planning our trip to go back next year! The following morning we drove another hour to the Grand Canyon to take in the amazing views there. There was snow, it was freezing, but it was worth it! Trevor got Student of the Month in February which was awesome. Nate won a gold medal in History at the Academic Day of Excellence a few weeks ago. He was on a team of 4 competing against all of the other schools in the district. We are so proud of both boys! Maddie has lost her first 2 teeth in the last couple of weeks, and got all of her immunizations so she's all ready to start Kindergarten in the fall- and boy is she ready! I think that covers most of the big events that have been happening around here. Here are some pictures of some of the above mentioned events. Love to all!











6 comments:
All I have to say is it's about FREAKING time woman!!! Glad to see you are back in the blogging world again, now keep us posted more often. Love ya! congrats to Nate and Trevor that is awesome.
wow! you've been busy. is jordan in the lowell joint district? why the move? yeah, your kids are so much bigger. nate looks more like todd. the other day sydney was eating almonds and I freaked out cuz i remembered what happened to madie. good to see a new post!
Okay, I'm gonna be nice and not say, "about time!". Good to have you back. Loved the men in kilts! And when did the kids get so BIG! Ack!
Gotta forward the photos to my boys now.
I have to admit I was surprised when I clicked on your blog and there was new news. Ha! Ha!Congratulations to everyone! I'm sorry for your losses. I love your new profile photo. What a great looking family!
SO glad I could inspire you with my big belly!
I am also so glad that you included a picture with the kilts! How fun to have a scottish wedding- I hope Nana survives- you have certainly been through enough I should say!
Oh, and I did call you by the way to hang out . . .left a message on your cell:) I didn't flake this time:)
Post a Comment