Monday, December 8, 2008

Scary!

This morning I was just cruising around the house picking up the occasional stray toy, folding and putting away laundry- the usual weekday morning routine. Trevor was in trouble sitting on a stool in the middle of his room, and Maddie was watching cartoons and playing with the puppy. I was in the middle of making my bed, when I heard a voice in my head clearly say, "Go help Maddie". I was a little stunned and then ran out to find her. There she was on the couch, her face was a purplish bluish and she couldn't breathe. I saw that she had the container of almonds sitting next to her and assumed that was what she was choking on. I grabbed her and started pounding her back with no success. I then picked her up and ran next door screaming for my brother Ryan to help me. He jumped out of bed, got her and started hitting her back. All of a sudden to my relief, she started coughing and took a huge breath in. Her color started coming back to normal. I took her in my arms, hugging her so tight and went back home. We sat down in a chair and I just rocked us, held her tight, and sobbed. I also said a prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for my precious little girl and for her safety. I know that He was watching over her, and I'm so thankful that I listened to His prompting so I could help her.

Trevor walked out a few minutes after I came back home with Maddie wanting to know if he could come out of his room, totally oblivious to what had just happened. He saw that I was crying, turned around and walked back to his room. I actually laughed out loud at that! Poor little guy was clueless!

The rest of the day I've just been walking around the house in circles, still kind of dazed. I just can't get the picture of her not breathing out of my mind.

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Ok, that brought tears to my eyes. How scary for you! I am glad she is ok!

Phil and Jeanette said...

Yikes! I have tears in my eyes too! Thank you for listening to the voice in your head. Ok, I just made you sound crazy. :) Thank heavens that Maddie is ok!!!

Lauren said...

I have tears in my eyes three. Stories like that scare me. That's an Ensign story. I'm glad maddie is okay and that trevor is out of time out.

Anonymous said...

Heart stopping. Giant sigh of relief that the princess is okay!